- Litigation Paralegal
- Business Litigation Associate Attorney
- Lateral Labor and Employment/Public Agency Attorney
- Lateral Bond Attorney
- How to Apply
Kronick is seeking an experienced litigation paralegal to work with attorneys and clients in supportive environment, performing specific legal work requiring knowledge of legal concepts and procedures. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reviewing, organizing, and analyzing documents
- Performing legal research
- Handling a high volume of discovery documents
- Drafting basic legal documents, including subpoenas
- May perform other duties as appropriate
- Conduct Full Document Review of Client Docs (Responsive v Privileged)
- Management of document productions
- Depo line summaries
- Trial preparation
- A minimum of 2-4 years of litigation experience. More experience would be a plus
- Experience in Labor and Employment law a plus
- Experience in case management
- Ability to work effectively with people, exercise sound judgment, establish and maintain professional relationships with attorneys and colleagues
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and bring projects to completion.
- Above-average competency in office technology and software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Pro and document management systems
- Experience with eDiscovery Point and TrialDirector software would be a plus
- Certified by an ABA approved paralegal program
- Compliance with Business and Professions Code 6450
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills required
Overtime and travel may be required.
Business Litigation Associate Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an Associate Attorney with approximately 3-6 years of business litigation experience to join its Business Litigation Practice Group. Transactional experience would be a plus. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication and discipline.
Primary responsibilities involve working on a daily basis with clients, providing them with guidance and representation regarding business litigation. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of pleadings and written discovery documents
- Taking and defending depositions
- Representing clients in evidentiary hearings and law and motion proceedings
- Review and interpret contracts
- Researching and advising clients about a variety of legal issues
- Legal research
- At least 3-6 years of business litigation; transactional experience a plus
- Exceptional research, writing skills, and a strong academic background
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, including contracts
- Ability to effectively work with people, exercise sound judgment, and establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Interest in business litigation
- Ability to multi-task, creatively problem solve, and bring projects to completion
- Ambition to advance
Lateral Labor and Employment/Public Agency Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an associate attorney with 4 to 7 years of labor and employment experience to join its Public Agency practice group. Successful candidate must have strong academic credentials, high level analytical skills, and excellent communication skills.
Primary responsibilities involve assisting with advice and counsel, preparing for and attending arbitration/PERB hearings (as necessary), reviewing contracts, and providing general legal counsel to cities and special districts. In addition to utilizing their labor and employment skills for a variety of local government clients, the successful candidate will also have experience in, or be looking for an opportunity to expand their expertise to include, related areas such as general governance, public contracting, and land use.
Lateral Bond Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an experienced bond attorney (10+ years) to represent cities, school districts, water agencies, community services districts, and other public agencies in all aspects of public finance. The ideal candidate has primarily served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, or agency counsel to these public entities in connection with their debt financings. In other bond financings, has served as counsel to the underwriter or lender.
The bond attorney advises public agencies concerning the debt options that are available to them. Works with financial advisors and underwriters to create legally sound borrowing and to bring the debt securities to market. As an outgrowth of this position, the candidate has developed extensive knowledge of related public finance matters, such as the rules for levying taxes, assessments, and fees, and provides counseling to clients and other firm attorneys dealing with those issues. Advises public agencies concerning the limitations on the use of public funds in connection with bond and tax elections.
The ideal candidate will have experience in financings using a broad range of borrowing methods such as:
- General obligation bonds
- Certificates of participation
- Lease/purchase agreements
- Qualified zone academy bonds
- Mello-Roos bonds
- Special benefit assessment bonds
- Utility bonds
How to Apply
The firm offers a generous benefits package, and an opportunity to develop your skills and grow professionally. To be considered for this opening, please submit a cover letter; your resume; a research-based writing sample (such as a research memo); and a persuasive writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices of the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.