- Public Agency Attorney
- Natural Resources Legal Secretary
- Labor and Employment Associate Attorney
- Lateral Bond Attorney
- How to Apply
Public Agency Associate Attorney
Kronick is seeking an Associate Attorney with 2-5 years of experience in public agency matters, preferably with litigation experience and an interest in working on both transactional and litigation matters. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication and discipline.
Desired candidate should have significant experience in all of the following areas:
- Land use and planning (Subdivision Map Act, planning and zoning law, development agreements).
- Open government (Brown Act, Conflicts of Interest, Public Records Act).
- Drafting ordinances and resolutions.
- Drafting and advice on implementation of contracts for professional services and public works.
- Strong writing and oral skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to instill confidence in clients.
Experience in some or all of the following areas would be a real plus:
- Statutes governing the adoption of fees, assessments, and taxes
- Real property transactions (licenses, easements, purchase and sale agreements)
- Pitchess and Brady motions
Natural Resources Legal Secretary
Kronick is seeking a Legal Secretary with a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in litigation to join two other highly-experienced legal secretaries in the firm’s growing Natural Resources Department. Candidate must possess exceptional organizational, communication and word processing skills. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient and have a high level of dedication.
Primary responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Screen and route telephone calls
- Originate correspondence
- Prepare pleadings for trial and appellate briefs
- Make appointments
- Maintain attorney’s calendar
- Make travel arrangements
- Receive and direct clients
- Format, input, edit, retrieve, copy, scan, and transmit legal documents
Candidate must possess the requisite knowledge, skills and capability to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. Qualifications necessary to meet position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Strong grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must be familiar with California Code of Civil Procedure, California Local Rules of Court, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure and local rules for California District Courts
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Advanced computer and legal software skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, dependable
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint, WorkSite (Document Mgt. System), Adobe Acrobat Pro (.pdfs), CCC MacroPro (Macros).
- Proficient in calendaring, fax-filing and e-filing, both state and federal courts
- Experience with discovery, trial preparation, and motions, briefs, creating table of contents and table of authorities
- Utilize docketing/calendaring department to track court and filing deadlines
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Ability to work effectively with professional staff, and to exercise sound judgment
- 5-8 years of legal secretary experience in a litigation department
Labor and Employment Associate Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an Associate Attorney, with 3-5 years of experience. Must have a strong background in general litigation and, preferably, some labor and employment experience. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication and discipline.
Primary responsibilities involves working regularly with private sector and public agency clients by providing both litigation support and day-to-day guidance on a variety of business and labor and employment matters.
- Litigation in all phases of the firm’s business and labor and employment practices, including law and motion practice, written discovery, depositions, drafting pleadings, pretrial preparation, witness and exhibit preparation, trial and appeals, etc.
- Researching and advising clients on personnel and employment related issues
- 3-5 years of experience with general litigation
- Labor and employment experience
- Exceptional writing skills and a strong academic background
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to effectively work with people, exercise sound judgment, and establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and bring projects to completion
Lateral Bond Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an experienced bond attorney (10+ years) to represent cities, school districts, water agencies, community services districts, and other public agencies in all aspects of public finance. The ideal candidate has primarily served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, or agency counsel to these public entities in connection with their debt financings. In other bond financings, has served as counsel to the underwriter or lender.
The bond attorney advises public agencies concerning the debt options that are available to them. Works with financial advisors and underwriters to create legally sound borrowing and to bring the debt securities to market. As an outgrowth of this position, the candidate has developed extensive knowledge of related public finance matters, such as the rules for levying taxes, assessments, and fees, and provides counseling to clients and other firm attorneys dealing with those issues. Advises public agencies concerning the limitations on the use of public funds in connection with bond and tax elections.
The ideal candidate will have experience in financings using a broad range of borrowing methods such as:
- General obligation bonds
- Certificates of participation
- Lease/purchase agreements
- Qualified zone academy bonds
- Mello-Roos bonds
- Special benefit assessment bonds
- Utility bonds
How to Apply
The firm offers a generous benefits package, and an opportunity to develop your skills and grow professionally. To be considered for this opening, please submit a cover letter; your resume; a research-based writing sample (such as a research memo); and a persuasive writing sample to email@example.com.
Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices of the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.