Terilynn Diepenbrock, Senior Counsel
Terilynn has over 25 years of experience representing public and private sector clients in state and federal courts. She is proficient in all phases of litigation from inception through successful conclusion, whether through law and motion, mediation, arbitration, jury trial, bench trial or appeal. A former resident of the Bay Area, she was often retained as an Arbitrator or Mediator for Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
Terilynn previously lived in Mexico and Spain and is fluent in Spanish.
- Professional Negligence: Medical Malpractice; Board of Director Liability; Defense of accountants and CPAs; Attorney malpractice
- General Liability: General business litigation, mortgage fraud, real estate disclosure issues, boundary disputes, breach of contract, labor and employment, and personal injury
- Construction Defect: Defense of developers, general contractors, and sub-contractors
- Engages in, manages and supervises all litigation phases from factual development, case strategy, law and motion, discovery, mediation, trial and appeal.
- First chairs jury and bench trials in state court and federal court.
- Represents employers in single party claims of retaliation, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour and other employment litigation.
- Has secured multiple dismissals following successful Motions for Summary Judgment motions filed on behalf of her clients
- Has conducted appellate work when review has proven necessary.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Terilynn enjoys providing services for her community and spent the past several years working with San Francisco Outreach programs to arrange for its students to have educational experiences on the Bay, including sailing, maritime navigation and marine biology.
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, Association of Defense Counsel, Past Board Member
Terilynn often presents on the following topics:
- Discovery Plans and Practice
- One Hundred Days Before Trial
- Indemnity Clauses
- CCP 998 Offers & How to Use Effectively
- Medicare Reimbursement Practice
MBA, Santa Clara University
- Participated in MBA Alumni Global Symposium: Doing Business in China
J.D., Santa Clara University
- Research Assistant, Dean George Alexander – Assisted with the legal authority and fact checking for Dean Alexander’s book, “Commercial Torts”
- Judicial Extern, The Honorable Justice Edward Panelli, Presiding Judge for the First District, Court of Appeal.
B.S., University of California, Davis
- Studied for one year at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid