Albert G. Mendoza, Associate
Albert is an associate attorney in the firm’s labor and employment practice group. He represents both private and public sector clients in all employment matters, including wage-hour actions, workplace investigations, employee leave matters, and claims relating to discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation. He provides advice and counsel to employers on various issues, such as discipline and termination, employment contracts and employee handbooks, wage and hour compliance, in-house training, and provides support in all phases of litigation.
While in law school, Albert was the Chief Articles Editor of the University of the Pacific Law Review. Albert authored two articles published in the University of the Pacific Law Review. He was also a member of the nationally-ranked McGeorge Mock Trial Team, competed across the nation, and received the Joseph E. Taylor Award for Excellence & Service.
Albert’s competition experience includes:
- Tournament Finalist in the Buffalo-Niagara Invitational Mock Trial Tournament
- Competitions in Seattle, Washington, Houston, Texas, and Buffalo, New York
Before law school, Albert interned at the Sacramento District Attorney’s Office, volunteered at the Elk Grove Police Department, worked as a research assistant for the Division of Criminal Justice at the California State University of Sacramento, and participated in a mentorship program for Sacramento high school students.
Albert’s experience also includes:
- Law Clerk at the California Attorney General’s Office, where he assisted in various aspects of civil litigation in the Employment & Administrative Mandate Division.
- Law Clerk at the Sacramento District Attorney’s Office, where he assisted in various aspects of litigating criminal law proceedings.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & AFFILIATIONS
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, Mexican American Bar Association
J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2018
- Graduated with Great Distinction, Dean’s Honor List, 2015-2018
- Trial & Appellate Advocacy Concentration
- Chief Articles Editor of the University of the Pacific Law Review
- Recipient, Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Negotiation & Settlements (2017)
- Recipient, Joseph E. Taylor Award for Excellence & Service, 2018
- Member, Traynor Honor Society
- Member, The Order of Barristers
- Member, Top Nationally-Ranked McGeorge Mock Trial Team, 2016-2018
- Former Member, Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court
B.S., California State University of Sacramento May, 2014
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Cum Laude and Dean’s Honor List, 2012-2014