Leonor Y. Dicdican, Senior Counsel
The firm’s healthcare and corporate clients rely on Leonor Dicdican’s unique perspective when navigating the highly regulated industry. Born in the Philippines, where she began her legal career, then in the U.S. where she worked with a multinational company and an international law firm, she has honed her legal skills. Leonor shines working on complex transactions, analyzing details and guiding clients to successful conclusions.
Ms. Dicdican represents a wide variety of clients (ranging from large corporate entities to small business owners to individuals) in matters of varying complexity in connection with general business and contract matters. She has addressed and managed a variety of issues related to companies in different stages of development, including choice of entity, entity formation and general corporate formation and maintenance. Ms. Dicdican also has assisted public companies with corporate governance issues and SEC/Sarbanes-Oxley compliance; and has represented buyers and sellers in all aspects of public and private mergers, acquisitions, private placements, debt financings, and venture capital financings. She also has experience in intellectual property, licensing and franchising issues.
Ms. Dicdican’s health care practice includes serving the legal needs of hospitals, institutional health care providers, health care clinics and medical practitioners in matters regarding managed care contracting, physician-hospital joint ventures, practice expansion opportunities, medical staff issues, physician contracting, incentive compensation arrangements, corporate practice of medicine issues, patient referrals, Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse, kickbacks and Stark law issues and corporate restructuring. Ms. Dicdican also advises health care clients on matters relating to HIPAA regulations, as well as health information technology (HIT) and electronic health record (EHR) issues, including the purchase and sale of technology products and services and related intellectual property issues. Ms. Dicdican also represents long term care and senior services providers in matters relating to acquisitions and sales, development and financing of facilities, and corporate compliance.
Ms. Dicdican’s in-house counsel experience includes serving as an associate attorney at The Coca Cola Company in Atlanta, where she counseled various national and international business units on trademarks, copyright, antitrust, securities, corporate and promotional marketing matters. She also participated in a select international associate program working at The Coca Cola Company offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Manila, Philippines.
Following are examples of legal matters Ms. Dicdican has handled for clients:
- Represented clients in mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale of assets and other business development opportunities.
- Represented clients in private debt and equity securities offerings and venture capital financings.
- Advised clients on a variety of health care transactions and service agreements between and among health care providers, with consideration of applicable corporate, regulatory and fraud and abuse implications.
Co-authored a chapter entitled “Adding Value While Minimizing Risk in the M&A Due Diligence Process” in Business Due Diligence Strategies, a volume in the “Inside the Minds” series published by Aspatore, a Thomson Reuters business, August, 2012
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Ms. Dicdican’s professional activities & affiliations include:
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- Member, California Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
- Member, West Sacramento Rotary
LL.M., International Economic Law, University of Michigan Law School, 1998
- Recipient, University of Michigan Law School Fellowship Scholarship
- Recipient, Outstanding Achievement in Comparative Tax Law
LL.B. University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines, 1995
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Ranked first out of a class of 103
- Recipient, Outstanding Law Intern, Office of Legal Aid
- Vice Chairperson, Editorial Board, Philippine Law Journal
- Member, Order of the Purple Feather (Honor Society)
B.S. University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines, 1991
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude in Business Administration and Accountancy
- Ranked third out of a class of 57