Kimberley A. Worley, Senior Counsel
Kimberley Worley has over 25 years of experience representing employers in state and federal courts, arbitration and administrative proceedings before such agencies as the DLSE, DOL, DFEH and EEOC. In addition to defending individual discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and retaliation cases, Ms. Worley has considerable expertise defending wage and hour class actions and PAGA litigation. She is proficient in all phases of litigation from inception through successful conclusion, whether through law and motion, mediation, arbitration, jury trial, bench trial or appeal.
She also provides advice to clients on wage and hour compliance and general employment matters related to such topics as harassment, disability and other discrimination, leave laws and discipline and discharge. As a former small business owner and operator of her own full-service Italian restaurant and catering business, Ms. Worley is uniquely qualified to provide creative, effective and practical real world solutions to the legal issues facing employers.
- Represents employers in single party claims of retaliation, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour and other employment litigation.
- Defends large scale wage and hour class actions and PAGA litigation.
- Engages in, manages and supervises all litigation phases from factual development, case strategy, law and motion, discovery, mediation, trial and appeal.
- First chairs jury and bench trials in state court, federal court and arbitration.
- Advises employers on wage and hour compliance, and preventative and proactive employment practices such as discharge, harassment, discrimination, investigations, trade secrets, arbitration and leaves.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Ms. Worley’s professional activities & affiliations include:
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Sacramento County Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- All California State Courts
- United States District Courts, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals and Ninth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
J.D., Drake University Law School
- Order of the Coif (Graduated Sixth in Class)
- Regional Moot Court Team & Law Review Staff
- First in Class (2 Years) and Top Grade ( 2 Classes)
B.S., Drake University Business College
- Business Administration
- Cum Laude
A.A., Des Moines Area Community College