Gabriel P. Herrera, Associate
Gabriel is an associate in the firm’s Business Services practice group, where he provides advice, counsel, and litigation support in a variety of areas. He provides advice and counsel for general and commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and real property disputes. Gabriel also advises clients in bankruptcy related matters, including secured and unsecured claims, avoidance actions, discharge proceedings, relief from the automatic stay, the recovery and liquidation of assets, and exemption issues.
Prior to joining Kronick, Mr. Herrera advised clients related to bankruptcy, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, real estate, business, and general civil litigation matters. With respect to bankruptcy, he represented Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy trustees in all aspects of administering bankruptcy estates. In addition, Gabriel has experience with all phases of litigation from inception through resolution, handling matters in state and federal court at the trial and appellate levels.
Gabriel’s experience also includes:
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Kathleen Butz of the California Court of Appeals, Third District Court of Appeal, where he prepared appellate opinions, reviewed appellate briefs, and performed legal research.
- Judicial Assistant to the Honorable Francis Kearny, Placer County Superior Court, where he appeared at and participated in family law mediation and court proceedings.
- Law Clerk at the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office where he assisted in various aspects of litigating criminal law proceedings.
- Law Clerk for a private litigation firm where he assisted in all aspects of litigating personal injury and general civil litigation matters.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
- Officer, Sacramento County Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section
- Member, Sacramento MetroEDGE
- Member, California State Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
J.D. University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2012
- Graduated with Distinction
- Member, Traynor Honor Society
- Dean’s Honor List (2009-2010; 2011-2012)
- Recipient, Witkin Award for highest grade in Legal Writing
- Recipient, Legal Scholar Scholarship
- Associate Comment Editor, McGeorge Global Business Law Journal (2011-2012)
- Legislative Staff Writer, McGeorge Global Business Law Journal (2010-2011)
- Board Member, Latino Law Student Association
- McGeorge Student Ambassador
- McGeorge Salzburg Program with Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy
- 1st Year Mock Trial Competition Finalist
B.A. University of California, San Diego, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Provost Honors