- Labor and Employment Associate Attorney
- Natural Resources Lateral Attorney
- Lateral Bond Attorney
- How to Apply
Labor and Employment Associate Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an Associate Attorney, with 3-5 years of experience. Must have a strong background in general litigation and, preferably, some labor and employment experience. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication and discipline.
Primary responsibilities involves working regularly with private sector and public agency clients by providing both litigation support and day-to-day guidance on a variety of business and labor and employment matters.
- Litigation in all phases of the firm’s business and labor and employment practices, including law and motion practice, written discovery, depositions, drafting pleadings, pretrial preparation, witness and exhibit preparation, trial and appeals, etc.
- Researching and advising clients on personnel and employment related issues
- 3-5 years of experience with general litigation
- Labor and employment experience
- Exceptional writing skills and a strong academic background
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to effectively work with people, exercise sound judgment, and establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and bring projects to completion
Natural Resources Lateral Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking a lateral attorney with at least 5 years of litigation experience to help expand a preeminent California water resources and environmental law practice in the state capital. Candidate must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, and have a high level of dedication and discipline.
Primary responsibilities involve working with public agency and private-sector clients on: (1) federal and state litigation; (2) federal, state and local regulatory negotiations; and (3) transactions involving water resources, including water supply development projects, water transfers, water banking, water service agreements, water company acquisitions, water right acquisitions, and real property purchase and sale agreements.
Candidate must possess the requisite knowledge, skills and capability to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position:
- 5-plus years of civil litigation experience
- Strong writing skills and academic credentials
- Ability to effectively work as a team member, including leading litigation and transaction projects to completion
- Experience in water resources and environmental law a plus
- Experience in local public agency law a plus
- Academic background or work experience in engineering or science a plus
Lateral Bond Attorney
Kronick is currently seeking an experienced bond attorney (10+ years) to represent cities, school districts, water agencies, community services districts, and other public agencies in all aspects of public finance. The ideal candidate has primarily served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, or agency counsel to these public entities in connection with their debt financings. In other bond financings, has served as counsel to the underwriter or lender.
The bond attorney advises public agencies concerning the debt options that are available to them. Works with financial advisors and underwriters to create legally sound borrowing and to bring the debt securities to market. As an outgrowth of this position, the candidate has developed extensive knowledge of related public finance matters, such as the rules for levying taxes, assessments, and fees, and provides counseling to clients and other firm attorneys dealing with those issues. Advises public agencies concerning the limitations on the use of public funds in connection with bond and tax elections.
The ideal candidate will have experience in financings using a broad range of borrowing methods such as:
- General obligation bonds
- Certificates of participation
- Lease/purchase agreements
- Qualified zone academy bonds
- Mello-Roos bonds
- Special benefit assessment bonds
- Utility bonds
How to Apply
The firm offers a generous benefits package, and an opportunity to develop your skills and grow professionally. To be considered for this opening, please submit a cover letter; your resume; a research-based writing sample (such as a research memo); and a persuasive writing sample to email@example.com.
Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices of the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.